- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student athletes.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the team staff to include the planning, organizing and coaching of the team; ensure compliance with university, Empire 8 Conference, and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Direct the coaching staff in the preparation of analyses of opponent teams; analyze game statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepare game strategies appropriately.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with university administration and faculty for resolution of problems as required.
- Develop, execute, and monitor ongoing strategies for recruiting future student athletes.
- Coordinate all recruiting efforts with the coaching staff.
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth and formation, including such activities as team devotions, individual discipleship and mentoring, and planning of missions trips domestically and abroad.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred).
- Coaching (head or assistant) experience preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the game with a demonstrated ability to recruit and develop athletes.
- Demonstrated commitment to athletics as a venue for the development of the whole person.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively in a team setting, and a commitment to sports ministry.
- Possession of or ability to obtain valid New York State Driver’s License.
- First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
Houghton University is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Successful candidates will evidence similar commitments.