The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for building and maintaining a roster of student athletes, preparing a team through training, and coaching the team in all season competitions. The Head Coach is evaluated on student athlete satisfaction, roster recruitment and retention, mentoring of student athletes and alumni engagement as well as consistently fielding a competitive team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit and maintain a roster of qualified and quality student athletes that fit the university mission.
- Conduct daily in season training sessions. Duties include but not limited to strength and fitness training, teaching and drilling skills, teaching game strategy and tactics, psychological and motivational preparation.
- Monitor academic progress of student athletes while fostering a student-centered focus for the team.
- Learn and follow all NCAA rules to assure the compliance of all NCAA rules and guidelines.
- Remain current in emerging trends in women’s volleyball activities.
- Schedule team games a season in advance.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitor and follow team budget.
- Facilitating the development and implementation of an operational plan for the team that is consistent with the university mission.
- Effectively hire and develop a staff for the team to assist in all aspects of team operations.
- BS/BA required, master’s degree preferred.
- Coaching and/or leadership experience related to team operations and development.
- Understanding how to achieve team goals to serving the mission of the department and University.
- Prior budgeting responsibility
- Experience in working and supporting a diverse work environment.
- An appreciation and understanding of the latest climate and challenges facing small private universities.
- Demonstrated and an appreciation for recruiting today’s student athlete.