Missouri University of Science and Technology, a NCAA Division II institution in the Great Lakes Valley Conference, is accepting applications for the head coach of the women’s volleyball program. The successful candidate will be a positive, enthusiastic individual who is committed to the continued academic and athletic success of student-athletes and will adhere to all NCAA and GLVC rules.
- Administers and plans all aspects of a competitive women’s volleyball program.
- Demonstrates a philosophy that emphasizes academics as a top priority for student athletes.
- Supports, evaluates, and monitors the academic performance of student-athletes.
- Develops strategies to identify, recruit, and retain high caliper student-athletes that will succeed both academically and athletically in the volleyball program.
- Cooperates with the athletic training staff and other health care professionals in the care and prevention of injuries and illnesses.
- Responsible for managing a budget effectively according to department and university guidelines.
- Approves and manages all team travel, hotels, meals, equipment purchases, recruiting, and all other expenses.
- Promotes an environment of strong character by establishing and enforcing rules of conduct as well as fostering an environment that leads to academic, athletic, emotional, and social growth.
- Master's degree in exercise science, sports management, or related field.
- Successful collegiate head coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA DII rules.