We seek applicants for a full-time position with dual responsibilities of coordinating the College’s new women’s volleyball program and assisting with the academic development and oversight of all Heartland Community College athletes. Travel is required.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Schedule, organize, and oversee volleyball games and practices
- Actively recruit student athletes
- Assist with budget management and fundraising initiatives
- Ensure compliance with NJCAAA rules and regulations
- Monitor student athletes’ satisfactory progress toward academic goals
- Assist the athletics academic advisor with all student-athlete academic progress as it relates to required study table hours and other academic support services
- Bachelor’s degree
- Head coaching experience at high school level or above; OR assistant coaching or playing experience at college level or above
- Demonstrated ability to recruit athletes and coach an intercollegiate athletics program in accordance with HCC’s mission and values
- Strong communication skills with ability to work effectively with students, staff, and public, and represent the College in a professional manner
- CPR/AED certification
- Experience in the following areas:
- scheduling athletic events
- recruitment and transfer process for student athletes
- budget development and oversight
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 7/1/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.