The Head Volleyball Coach/Instructor is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Athletics & Physical Education. The Head Volleyball Coach is responsible for implementing and directing all phases of a competitive Division III program. This includes recruiting student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting, and planning team travel, all in compliance with College, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Prepare, plan and conduct all team practices and competitions.
- Teach sport-specific skills and strategies.
- Scout future opponents and prepare student-athletes for competition.
- Evaluate, coach, motivate, and mentor student-athletes through effective communication, sport knowledge, and interpersonal skill.
- Understand team dynamics and create a positive team culture among a diverse group of individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years collegiate coaching experience.
- Minimum two years collegiate recruiting experience.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and progression for student-athletes.
- Ability to identify athletic and academic talent.
- Experience with budget management and fiscal planning.