Responsible for instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of women’s volleyball; and determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques.
Coordinate leadership development for student-athletes
Head Women’s Volleyball Coach Duties
- Plans and implements the operation of intercollegiate women's volleyball
- Assists in budget preparation
- Share responsibility for administration/implementation of budget spending
- Recruiting/women's volleyball
- Maintain current knowledge and abides by policies, procedures, and rules of NCAA/HCAC
- Maintains necessary records
- Monitors eligibility for women's volleyball
- Monitor students for academic retention and advising of students on their academic progress
- Attends NCAA/HCAC meetings, clinics and seminars
- Works closely with Sports Information
- Responsible for safety of players during practice, games and travel
- Purchase and maintain equipment and uniforms
- Make travel arrangements
- Schedule and organize team related activities
- Assists athletic director in hiring assistant coaches
- Assists athletic director in hiring home match personnel
- Promotes players for recognition
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University
- Maintains relationships with media and public to enhance promotion of the University
- Attends periodic staff meetings
- Supports total athletic program
- Assists in weight room supervision
- Supervise open gymnasium as needed and as permitted by NCAA Bylaws for safety purposes.
Student Athlete Leadership Coordinator Duties
- Serve as advisor to the Student Athlete Advisory Committee
- Ex officio member of the Wellness, Health and Safety Committee
- Serve as the NCAA Student-Athlete Affairs Administrator for the University
- Liaison to the NCAA and HCAC Student Athlete Advisory Committees
- Coordinate the HCAC/NCAA Strategic (Tier II) grant program for the University
- Develop two interactive leadership development programs for student-athletes annually.
Duties in common
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.