- Teach/coach their student-athletes the fundamentals and techniques of the sport
- Budget/fiscal management.
- Fundraising, building and strengthening cross-campus relationships.
- Responsible for the planning and administration of all aspects of the program.
- Setting a disciplinary code and seeing that team members adhere to that code.
- Monitoring the eligibility of each team member.
- Practice plan development.
- Organizing and scheduling the team competition and travel.
- Individual team instruction.
- Hire, supervise and assign responsibilities of assistant coaches.
- Large group instruction.
- The athletic coaches will be expected to adhere to the NAIA guidelines and regulations, while exhibiting behavior that represents a positive image of the athletic program and the University.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must have integrity and leadership skills, strong organizational and communication skills, be attentive to details, have the ability to lead and work independently as well as within a team environment, maintain confidentiality, show initiative, handle frequent interruptions and manage multiple projects while keeping an organized workflow.
- Must be able to work effectively in a diverse work environment, collaborate with colleagues and mentor and lead student athletes.