This brand new position will establish and successfully coach a Women's Wrestling team in a cost-effective manner.
Essential Functions of Job:
1. Develop a successful Women’s Wrestling Program.
- Conduct recruitment activities in accordance with NAIA rules and regulations.
- Coordinate recruitment and scholarship activities with the Athletic Director.
- Oversee the academic progress of student athletes and adhere to NAIA and University eligibility rules and requirements.
- Establish an effective schedule for practices and games.
- Prepare a budget within established guidelines.
- Organize and direct the fund raising activities for the Women’s Wrestling Program.
- Organize and manage camps for student-athletes to ensure proper training and preparation for Wrestling season.
- Promote attendance at Wrestling events by providing information for students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Assist the athletic sports information office to maintain information on the web page and coordinate television, social media, print and radio information.
2. Perform other athletic administrative duties as assigned.
3. Follow university procedures associated with the purchase of equipment.
4. Maintain confidentiality.
5. Participate in continuing education.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Successful coaching experience at the high school or college level required.
- Ability to interact with students, parents, admission staff, and the public in a positive way.
Hire, train and monitor the activities of:
- Student employee(s)
- Assistant Wrestling Coach(es).
Some work is performed in a normal office setting. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. During course of day, can interact with students, faculty, and staff by computer, phone, or in person. Must be able to spend extended periods of time in practices and meets and be able to travel as job demands.
Interested candidates should apply via our online application process and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
Pre-employment background check required.