- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in coaching wrestling as head coach or 3 years experience as assistant wrestling coach at varsity level preferred.
- Sport First Aid and CPR Certification preferred.
- Participation in wrestling at the high school, collegiate or professional level(s) preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the media, parents, school administration and community is also required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to teach wrestling techniques, wrestling rules, wrestling strategies and playing tactics.
- Ability to teach sportsmanship, cooperation and responsibility to team members.
- Demonstrates through experience, a commitment to devote long hours and weekends to the wrestling program
- Conducts a pre-season and post season wrestling conditioning program.
- Ability to supervise and conduct safe practices and contests.
- Ability to accurately assess the talents and abilities of team members.
- Ability to promote athletes to college recruiters.
- Participate in a successful recruitment program.