Under the direction of the Director, Athletics and Recreation, the Head Wrestling Coach monitors the academic and athletic performance of student-athletes to ensure success and compliance with NJCAA and College policies and procedures.
- Recruits and maintains the appropriate number of student athletes to be able to compete at the highest level within NJCAA and Region XIX.
- Promotes the Wrestling program and Middlesex College in the community and high schools, including the recruitment of student athletes for the College wrestling team.
- Schedules, conducts, supervises team practice sessions, and assists with the program scheduling.
- Provides individual and team instruction, skill development and techniques, conditioning and preparation and learning opportunities for the team and its members.
- Monitors team members' academic progress and performance and make referral to appropriate College office and services to enhance student's academic success.
- Associate's degree.
- Three years of varsity high school, collegiate, or related coaching experience.
- Recruiting experience.
- CPR/AED or First Aid Certification (able to obtain upon hire).
- Valid Driver's License.