The Coach will direct all phases of the wrestling program, by establishing and maintaining a high standard of excellence, which includes recruiting academically qualified student-athletes, scheduling, scouting, conditioning, supervising the coaching staff, managing the program budget, generating revenue, and other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of successful collegiate coaching experience in Wrestling.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Demonstrated success in the athletic development of student-athletes.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Advise student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate athletic rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure compliance of such regulations.
- Evaluate performance of assistant coaches.
- Develop and conduct pre-season, in-season and off-season training and conditioning programs for the team.
- Recruit student-athletes.
- Inform student-athletes of academic and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.