Under the direction of the building athletic director/principal, head coach and assistant coach instructs and works with athletes to prepare them for competition. Coaches help athletes to play their best individually and as a team in sports such as football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, tennis, cross country, swimming, track and golf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate information regarding expectation, practices, competitions and other events with parents, players and administration in a timely manner.
- Conduct orientation programs for parents, athletes and assistant coaches.
- Develop procedures and establish open communication with parents and athletes to address any issues or concerns related to the team.
- Teach sports techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics.
- Practice with clear objectives and goals including practice plans.
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma and/or GED.