An athletic coach /activities advisor coaches, supervises, manages, coordinates, and plans all practices pre-season, in-season, and post-season. The athletic coach/ activities advisor is also responsible for coaching/advising, supervising, and managing all athletic and activity competitions. The total operation of the extracurricular programs, athletics, activities, transportation, and related athletic facility operations for grades 6-12. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Activities Director.
- Learns and adheres to the coaching/advising philosophy and program of the school district as lead by the Activities Director.
- Assists in explaining and distributing literature to all athletes concerning the athletic commitment and the protection of student eligibility.
- Teaches athletes the fundamental skills, theory, and strategy of the sport/activity.
- Teaches the athletes the value of good conduct, sportsmanship, and good citizenship.
- Provides supervision of athletes at all times and applies discipline when needed.
- Teaches and emphasizes safe procedures to the athletes.
- Leads or assists other coaches and advisors with out-of-season training as needed depending on the level of coaching/advising assignment.
- Attends and/or conducts awards programs.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current district staff member preferred but not required.
- Teaching and coaching license preferred but not required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.