Under the general supervision of the Athletic Director, instructs student-athletes in the fundamentals of wrestling, preparing them for competition. The head coach supervises and coordinates all levels of the specific sports program and is responsible for coordinating all instructional, administrative, financial, and personnel aspects of the program.
- Administer and oversees all levels and functions of the Wrestling program.
- Develop and maintains a high-quality program founded on sound principles of wrestling, strong team values, hard work, commitment, loyalty, honesty, respect, and sportsmanship, all to the glory of Jesus.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by the staff.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities under school policies and applicable laws. Duties include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, coaching, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Approve time cards on schedule; assure assistant coaches comply with school payroll procedures and government wage and hour laws.
- Work with performance coaches to plan and direct physical conditioning programs.
- Knowledge of the rules, principles, techniques, and safety procedures of wrestling;
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design; instruction for individuals and groups;
- Measurement of training effects;
- Rules, by-laws, and policies of CIF, Trinity League, and Orange Lutheran High School;
- Human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, learning, and motivation;
- Principles involved in strategic planning, budgeting, and leadership techniques.