This position is responsible for all aspects of coaching a club men’s & women’s
Experience as a wrestler and three years college/high school level coaching
experience; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which
demonstrates the abilities to perform the duties. Previous experience in recruiting
athletes. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Must be
or become familiar with NCWA (National Collegiate Wrestling Association) code.
Valid driver’s license, and may be required to complete in-house passenger van
certification for team travel; successfully complete appropriate coaching
• Club management, coach daily practices, tournament preparation.
• Hire assistant coach(es) and volunteer(s) as needed.
• Coordinate proper and timely issue and return of uniforms and other equipment.
• Ensure adequate physical conditioning and skill development of wrestlers.
• Develop and manage club budgets working closely with the Dean of Career and
Technical Education (or designee).
• Responsible for reporting results to local media and league information sources.
• Responsible for club fundraising events.
• Responsible for recruiting and scouting. Responsible for the conduct of players
during the academic year.
HEAD WRESTLING COACH
• Coach, teach, lead, and prepare student-athletes for future success; act as a
role model to the students.
• Communicate effectively with departmental staff, student athletes, and other
staff on campus.
• Drive team to games and practices in college vans, when necessary. Manage
financial travel disbursements and remittances.
• Support and promote athletics, in particular the wrestling club program.
• Attend league meetings relevant to the wrestling club program; attend regularly
scheduled coach’s meetings.
Responsible for the following:
Practice times and locations.
Team meetings at the beginning and throughout the year.
Preparation of statistics for conference reporting.
Proper notification to faculty and athletes of practices and game schedules.
Athlete compliance with school and conference eligibility.
Formulation of pre-league and league schedules.
This announcement covers the most significant duties performed by the position,
but does not include other work, which may be similar, related to, or a logical
assignment for the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time, exempt, salaried position. Salary is $5,000 per year (may be
pro-rated, when applicable).
No benefits other than when eligible for the Oregon retirement plan (PERS/OPSRP).
A complete application file consists of the following:
• A letter of interest stating how you are qualified to perform the duties of the
• A resume
• College transcripts, if any (copies are acceptable at this time)
• A TVCC application for employment. A pdf fillable application may be
downloaded at www.tvcc.cc/hr/jobs.cfm
• If applicable, a completed DD Form 214 in order to establish veteran
preference per OAR 839-006-0445 and OAR 839-006-0450(3)
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: All application materials should be submitted or
mailed to: HR@tvcc.cc or Human Resources, Treasure Valley Community College,
650 College Boulevard, Ontario, OR 97914.
NOTE: If you are unable to supply any requested application information by the deadline,
please notify the HR office, otherwise your application may be deemed incomplete and will
not be considered further. Materials submitted with the application become the property of
TVCC and will be retained in accordance with employment procedures.
The College reserves the right to reject all applicants and ask for a re-opening of the
position or make a direct appointment.
TREASURE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER.