To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self- esteem.
- Appropriate valid West Virginia teaching certificate or WV Coach Authorization.
- Completion of a successful background check.
- Thorough knowledge of coaching principles and practices
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial arrangements
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations as they pertain to the area being coached and ability to deal effectively with co-workers, athletes and the public.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Adhere to all federal, state, and district laws and policies.
- Promote and adhere to the district mission, core beliefs, academic goals, and target areas.
- Coach’s individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sports involved.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Prepare eligibility list for all students in his or her program. This list should be shared with the building Principal and Athletic Director.
- Work closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Supervise the storage and care of equipment.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmen like behavior.