- Help each participating student to achieve a high level of skill and knowledge of the sport.
- Develop a positive working relationship with students, staff, administration, parents and community.
- Possesses a valid First Aid Card.
- Completion of an annual Bloodborne Pathogen course.
- Possesses a high level of competence which may include prior participation in the sport, prior coaching experience, and completion of courses and/or clinics sufficient to provide the knowledge and skill to meet the performance responsibilities described below.
- Experience teaching, working with, and/or coaching high school-age students.
- Encourages good sportsmanship, fair play, ethical conduct, good scholarship and desirable pupil-teacher relationships.
- Plans for and conducts, or assists in organized practice sessions which actively involve all participants in conditioning, skill development and play practice.
- Assists in the development of lines of communications with parents, students, teachers, administrators and the community.
- Teaches students the skills and strategies necessary to participate in the sport.
- Teaches the drills and exercises needed for developing strength, stamina, and speed in the sport.
- Assists with the proper care, maintenance, and security of facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Assists in the supervision of participants wherever they are present including the locker room, playing/practice area and on district-provided transportation. Takes all reasonable precautions to provide for the health and safety of the participants.