Under the direction of the school principal, plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Supervise students in a variety of school related settings. Plan instruction, monitor and evaluate student outcomes. Communicate and interact with students, parents, staff and community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
- Plan a program of study that meet the needs, interest and abilities of students.
- On a regular and consistent basis, meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and communicate these objectives to students.
- Establish learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, requirements of Culpeper County Public Schools curriculum framework and knowledge of human growth and development.
- Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques, which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field of education or the equivalent in credentialing, training and/or experience.
- Possess or qualify for a professional license and appropriate endorsement as presented by the Virginia Department of Education.
- Be recommended by the Division Superintendent and approved by the School Board.