Essential Job Duties:
- Maintains annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by the College procedure and discussing results with department dean.
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in health education, physical education, or a related subject area.
- Completed Master’s degree in health education or physical education.
- Previous experience teaching the post-secondary level.
- Experience teaching to dual enrollment or early college high school students.
- Available to teach on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Familiarity with Moodle or other learning management systems.
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.