- Applicant must have good health and no disqualifying physical or emotional handicaps. Evidence of fitness to teach from the standpoint of health may be required from a qualified physician.
- Applicant who has had teaching experience must have an acceptable rating on such teaching.
- To work cooperatively with the total staff.
- To relate positively to parents and other community representatives.
- To demonstrate professional growth.
- To be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
- To demonstrate command of standard English, both spoken and written.
- To accept responsibilities outside the classroom as they relate to the school.
- To use instructional and planning time effectively.
- To assume responsibility or care of materials, equipment and facilities.
- To assume responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students committed to the teacher’s care.
- To practice and promote positive interaction with and among students.
- To demonstrate interest in the student, encourage self-direction and self-motivation in students.
- To demonstrate a knowledge of the subject being taught.
- Maintain an organized program of instruction based on long range plans.
- To exhibit evidence of effective lesson plans.