- Must have a collegiate or postgraduate professional license or be eligible for a provisional license in health and physical education.
- One year of teaching experience or its equivalency preferred.
- One year of experience conducting lessons and assessing student progress, maintaining student discipline in the classroom, meeting with parents to discuss student progress and problem areas preferred.
- Experience providing ongoing academic guidance for students preferred.
- Plans and implements a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental level of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation in accordance with RPS, state and federal guidelines.
- Guides the learning process towards the achievement of curriculum goals and within the content of these goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects with the ability to communicate these objectives effectively to students.
- Establishes high expectations for academic success and classroom behavior.