Performs professional work providing a broad range of teaching services or specific learning program, assisting students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed as a foundation for future learning in accordance with each student's ability, using a variety of teaching and learning methods. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, teaching or related field.
- NC Teaching License.
- Employment conditional upon NC Teacher Licensure.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials providing effective teaching strategies.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences in a classroom environment conducive to learning using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Creates a classroom environment that responds to the needs of individual learners.
- Maintains effective classroom management, recognizes and addresses learning and behavior issues.
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet individual students needs.
- Understand developmental appropriateness of materials and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Evaluates accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods; provides progress and interim reports for feedback.
- Communicates with parents in a timely manner; maintains positive and constructive communication with students, staff, parents and community.