- Colorado teaching license with an appropriate Physical Education endorsement required.
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education preferred, or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
- Experience with STEM preferred.
- Develop rigorous and relevant lesson plans, which ensure instruction is connected to standards, differentiated to support learning, engages all students in authentic and productive learning, and ensures smooth classroom management.
- Provide students with skills necessary to meet or exceed the Grade Level Expectations of the Colorado Model Content Standards with defined sequential outcomes, authentic and engaging instruction, and modeled assessment expectations.
- Clearly communicate student progress and achievements throughout course work with students and parents.
- Maintain professional communications and interactions with student, parent community, and staff.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with colleagues across content areas and participate in planning meetings to develop integrated instruction and improve teaching practices, including rigorous curriculum, authentic instruction, and multiple assessment strategies.