The Teacher Health PE Coach will plan and implement an instructional program and provide related educational services for students in assigned grade levels. Teachers will follow the FBISD Scope and Sequence and use the provided curriculum and resources for the subject taught. PE curriculum includes outdoor activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess student abilities as related to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes. Continually assess student achievement and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
- Plan appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities including determination of appropriate kind and level of materials and equipment.
- Implement an instructional program which provides appropriate learning experiences, considering different learning styles and a range of learning curves.
- Manage the behavior of learners in instructional setting to ensure environment is conducive to the learning process, and assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site.
- Coordinate instructional related and testing activities with other professional staff, both school and non-school-based, to maximize learning opportunities.
- Utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology, Health or a related field including course work in the subject/program to which assigned and in curriculum and instructional methodology.
- Valid Teaching Certification Issued by Texas Education Agency appropriate to subject and grade level of assignment.
- Valid Driver's license with CDL Certification upon hire or will be required to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Current CPR Certification to obtain prior to first day of employment.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FBISD program of studies related to assignments and public school mission, goals, and organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned.