To develop and implement an instructional program that will effectively provide the best possible education for each student.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines and requirements of the district and state.
- Complies with school and School Board policies and regulations.
- Demonstrates mastery of the content area
- Maintains discipline in the classroom in an effort to maximize learning.
- Uses instructional and planning time effectively.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of students.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Assumes responsibility for the care of materials, equipment, and facilities.
- Works cooperatively with the administration and collegial peers for the overall successful operation of the school.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.