A teacher in the School District of Philadelphia plans and teaches their subject area, following the scope and sequence for all courses; provides instruction to students in a variety of planned courses; provides the use of real life applications and simulations to instruct students in the analysis and interpretation of material being presented; instructs the use of tools, materials, processes, and applications of technology, including pertinent software applications, in the development of lessons, and uses formal and informal classroom and district assessments.
- Assesses the skill level of students and aligns classroom goals and activities to established state and local standards;
- Provides instruction in respective subject area(s);
- Provides students with instruction emphasizing real life applications and simulations;
- Teaches inquiry techniques that encourage experimentation and alternative approaches to problem solving;
- Provides technical expertise in the use of tools, materials, processes and applications of technology, including pertinent software applications;
- Provides students with learning experiences requiring them to demonstrate comprehension of concepts and the ability to use technological resources in developing solutions to problems;
- Provides instruction that encourages students to use learned skills as tools for inquiry-based learning;
- Creates a classroom environment in which students have access to subject-related materials that address their needs and interests;
- Collaborates with staff members within and across disciplines to integrate subject-specific skills across the curriculum.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate in respective grade level, and endorsements in respective subject area, OR
- Presentation of an original, signed letter from the Certification Officer of an accredited college or university verifying current enrollment in an approved certification program in order to be eligible for an Emergency Permit.