- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Deliver the district’s written, taught and assessed curriculum.
- Maintain knowledge and skills with IB Program changes and updates.
- Create a positive environment to ensure successful learning for all students.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine priorities for their children’s social, emotional and academic growth.
- Partner with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to support students' academic and social-emotional development.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Adhere to all district policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure for subject area and level taught.
- Commitment to working effectively with culturally, economically and socially diverse students and families.
- Knowledge and experience with International Baccalaureate Program.
- Effective oral and written expression.
- Demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally, orally and written.