Create a classroom environment that fosters, promotes, and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise. Motivate students to cultivate physical fitness and develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination.
- Develops and administers Physical Education classes consistent with CCS goals and objectives.
- Develops students' concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Enforces the CCS Student Code of Conduct, the CCS Uniform Code, and the CCS Computer Usage Code.
- Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model.
- Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles that reflect favorably upon the individual and the school.
- A four-year college degree and PA Health and Physical Education (PK-12) Teacher Certification. If certification is from a different state, PA certification must be obtained within a determined timeframe.
- Knowledge of current physical education instructional methods, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of physiology, health and nutrition, biology and biological functions, anatomy, hygiene, exercise, and best ways to promote physical and mental well-being.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Required Clearances include Criminal Background Clearance (Act 34), Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151), and FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114), all dated within one year of receipt.