- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student, to the extent feasible.
- May teach physical education classes for handicapped students, interscholastic athletics, or drill team to senior high students.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property.
- Possession of appropriate degree with advanced course work in physical education.
- Pennsylvania Instructional Teaching Certificate.
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with other employees, students and parents.