The Teacher is responsible for establishing an educational environment, delivering instruction, evaluating student growth and performance, and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy public charter school policies.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences appropriate for a college preparatory charter program.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is measurable, continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
Training and Experience:
- NC Teacher License in subject area assigned and/or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant course of study.
- Willingness to obtain licensure if not licensed.