The Coordinator (Fitness & Health) understands the meaning of a high-quality physical education program and has the demonstrated knowledge and skills to implement content standards, establish effective learning environments, assess student learning in physical education, and implement instructional strategies that work in physical education.
- Develops and implements a K-12 fitness and health development appropriate coherent curriculum that integrates the four core areas (ELA, math, science, and social studies) into the physical education curriculum.
- Provides district level leadership for the overall program and develops strategic short-and long-range plans based on district and state priorities.
- Sets and clearly articulates high expectations for instruction by all teachers and learning by every student.
- Develops and implements a fitness program to train teachers to implement physical activity lessons with their students in a classroom setting for early childhood and Pre-K through grade Develops and implements a middle school sport and fitness program to offer additional opportunities, including before or after school activities, to students, regardless of athletic ability, to engage in a wide variety of physical activities that they enjoy and can participate in for life.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop effective and cooperative working relationships with APS department, employee and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate, manage, problem solve, strategize, schedule, analyze, and plan.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, including the ability to convey complex and technical subjects in a clear, concise and positive manner.
- Ability to successfully deal with controversial and confidential subjects.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.