Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to the students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Missouri Teacher Certification in Health and PE.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
- Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into focus; judge distance (close and distant); reach with arms extended and use hands to manipulate the keyboard.