Knowledge of the Instructional Process; knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned: knowledge of pre-adolescent and adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Prince William County Curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communication; excellent human relations skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES/ILLUSTRATIVE EX OF WORK:
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders in providing a World-Class Education.
- Continually assess student achievement and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
- Plan and implement appropriate instructional and/or learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level of materials, provide appropriate learning experiences, manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement, and utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Manage the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure environment is conducive to the learning process, and assist and participate in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site.
- Coordinate instructional activities with other professional staff, both school and non school-based, as required, to maximize learning opportunities.