Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides rigorous curriculum that aligns with Pennsylvania Department of Education Standards for teachers.
- Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for course(s) taught.
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with current state and district standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation.
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction.
- Monitors and maintains a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide behavior expectation, in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities.
Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following and/or have experience with:
- A commitment to success for all of the Chester Upland students and specifically to raising the academic achievement of all the children in this district.
- A desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities for professional development.
- An ability to use data to drive instruction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Innovative teaching methodologies using techniques such as team teaching, demonstrations, simulation and consultation.
- An ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- An ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective instructional/behavioral solutions to support the success of each student.
- Exceptional classroom management skills.
The Chester Upland School District (CUSD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CUSD ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.