New Heights Charter School is Massachusetts only public school that involves all grades (6-12) in the Early College approach. Nearly all our 11th and 12th graders are full-time students on a college campus with younger students earning college credits at the school. You will join a committed, creative team of educators who provide academic and social-emotional support to young people coming from high-need backgrounds ensuring they are college and career ready.
- Plan, prepare and deliver student centered lessons while providing instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing relationships and enforcing procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Encourage, monitor, and provide feedback on the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' academic and behavioral progress and development.
- Participate in department, school, district, instructional coaching, and parent meetings.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of physical education.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Ability to use or learn relevant technology.