Deliver rigorous instruction to students in order to promote intellectual, social, and physical growth and ensure that regardless of socioeconomic factors every child is prepared for accelerated learning to compete in a global economy.
- Teach the District curriculum utilizing well-designed lesson plans and rigorous instruction combined with curriculum activities and instructional objectives that are standards-based, measurable, and accelerate the transfer of learning and knowledge.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instructional materials and strategies to provide differentiated instruction and address individual needs of the students.
- Develop instructional units and opportunities for enrichments, differentiations and project-based learning to provide for collaboration, creative thinking, and extended interaction among students.
- Assess and document student mastery of curriculum objectives and student progress and growth utilizing frequent, appropriate, on-going and multiple assessment tools through interventions, and formal and informal assessment procedures, including standardized tests, formative assessments, performance tasks, enrichments, and observations.
- Perform essential functions and roles pertaining to standardized testing, including monitoring and proctoring tests, securing and disseminating test data, combined with maintaining current and accurate records of student test data.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas Teacher certificate at the appropriate level for assignment OR Accepted in an approved Alternative Certificate Program (ACP) and have passed the required prerequisite examinations.
- Experience working with diverse student populations preferred.
- Bilingual fluency is beneficial in some settings.
Fort Worth Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and expression, military/veteran status, in its programs and activities.