The primary purpose of this position is the instruction and supervision of a diverse group of students keeping within the law, board policies, and administrative regulations. A primary focus is the establishment of a positive learning environment that promotes a high level of achievement for all students while considering the background and developmental level of the individual student. Instruction and supervision include student guidance, classroom management, and knowledge in subject areas taught and District and state standards.
- Effectively works with and responds to people from diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Cultivates and models a respectful working and learning environment.
- Utilizes effective, proactive behavioral management skills in all school settings.
- Uses current body of knowledge in cultural diversity issues in teaching and curriculum development to design and adapt individual/group academic and behavioral/social programs in all school settings
- Instructs students directly and guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals; establishes clear objectives for all instructional units, projects and lessons to communicate these goals and objectives to all students.
- Implements individual plans (IEP/504/TAG/etc.)
- Diagnoses the instructional needs of all students and prescribes appropriate learning activities for each student.
- Valid Oregon teacher's license with the appropriate endorsements.
- ESOL endorsements preferred.
- Evidence of multi-cultural experience and cultural competency.
- Bilingual proficiency and/or multicultural experience strongly preferred.