The teacher works under the direction of the Principal: responsible for the instruction of assigned students within the parameters of the District philosophy, curriculum, policy and procedure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goal establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the District's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Valid and appropriate Oregon Teaching License.
- Highly Qualified as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Knowledge of teaching principles/techniques, District philosophy, curriculum, policy and procedure governing classroom instruction.
- Skill in assessing, planning and implementing programs of study for students that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Ability to apply effective principles of teaching to direct and motivate students.
- Ability to be responsible for the learning environment of assigned students and for supervising assigned teacher assistants and volunteers.