- Teaches Physical Education and Health curriculum as outlined by District No. 5 curriculum guides and the department.
- Meets the diverse needs of students in the classroom by providing an appropriate learning environment.
- Provides quality instruction by using effective lesson plan development and strategies.
- Establishes effective classroom management, safety procedures, and behavior expectations.
- Works creatively, cooperatively, and establishes positive relationships with colleagues and guardians of students.
- Participates in school and district professional development activities.
- Attends building and district meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to implement standard based instruction and assessment.
- Skill in the use of technology to enhance instruction and communication.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of effective teaching teams.
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, and parents.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Skill, dedication and aptitude for working with students.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.