- Create a classroom environment that provides for students active engagement in the learning process and enables each student to master learning objectives.
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Prepare and make available lesson plans meet by division criteria.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to the students
- Establish learning objectives consistent with identified student needs, requirements of BCPS curriculum framework and knowledge of human growth and development.
- Take all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, BCPS policy and administrative regulations.
- Assist administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct for the classroom.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university.
- Must have or be eligible for a teacher license from the Virginia Department of Education.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.