To develop in each student an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each student to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of students in physical achievement; and to develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Creates an equitable learning environment that for all students that fosters empathy and understanding.
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness and health education by maintaining a safe environment and employing safe practices for students participating in physical activities utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement.
- Implements instructional activities which will improve the physical, mental, social and emotional health of the students.
- Provides coeducational learning opportunities.
- Conducts interesting and well-paced lessons using a variety of instructional techniques and materials appropriate to the lesson.
- Uses a variety of formal and informal assessments to monitor student progress and achievement of the instructional objectives.
- Works constructively with colleagues and others for the purpose of improving the quality of a student’s behavior and academic success.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.
- Missouri Teacher Certification - Health/Physical Education.