- Lead efforts with teachers to revise, align and sustain high standards for curriculum, instruction and assessment in Physical Education and Health K-12. (This includes the curriculum for Driver Education.)
- Collaborates with Principals and the Assistant Superintendent to articulate plans for improving student achievement and Physical Education and Health instruction K-12.
- Collaborates with the Director of Mental Health to ensure a robust SEL and Mental Health Literacy curriculum in the Health Curriculum K-12.
- Coordinates Family Life Education with Principals and Assistant Principals. Assists in teaching family life education at the elementary levels. Works with the Assistant Superintendent in streamlining family life curriculum K-12.
- Coordinates the BHS Advisory Program with the Director of Mental Health.
- Works with the Director of Mental Health to conduct surveys, such as the Youth Health Risk Survey to provide results and findings to the Instructional Team. Works with Principals and the Assistant Superintendent to implement appropriate changes K-12.
- BA Degree for education is required. Having both physical education and health licenses is desirable.
- Certification in educational leadership preferred – (i.e. supervisor/director or principal).
- At least five years of professional experience in implementing physical fitness programs, nutrition, and/or health promotion or wellness programs.
- Effective teacher (proficient or outstanding) as measured by primary evaluator’s assessments.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.