- Teacher must hold a valid NC Teaching License or have the qualifications to obtain a NC Teaching License.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an approved education program in subject area.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
- National Board Certification is a preferred qualification.
- Plan a program of study that meets the needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that encourages student involvement and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Has an ability to plan, coordinate, and continuously improve instruction for all students.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show evidences of preparation upon request of supervisor.
- Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources, and evaluation techniques that motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Monitors student performance and growth.
- Take all necessary and permitted safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Establish relationships with parents, colleagues, administrators, and the community to enhance learning opportunities for the students.
- Have availability to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when requested to do so under reasonable circumstances.