- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' physical skills and abilities, strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop students' understanding of the importance of exercise to physical and mental well-being; to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, hygiene, and good health; to develop students' awareness and understanding of physiology, health and nutrition, biological functions, the importance of hygiene and exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards good health. The Teacher is to design, implement, and assess lessons which will increase student achievement. The Teacher must also maintain a positive classroom environment. The Teacher shall enforce the State rules and regulations and district policies to ensure the operation of the educational program.
- Must be eligible for State of Delaware Certification as a Health and Physical Education Teacher.
- Knowledge of Delaware State Content Standards, Assessment & Accountability.
- Knowledge of best practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Criminal background check, Tuberculin testing, and health verification.