ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a safe and encouraging learning environment to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Plans and develops instructional plans, lessons, experiments, and other support activities to present approved district curriculum in accordance with district goals and objectives.
- Maintains accurate records, tests, reports, etc. as required by DDOE and policies, Federal Regulations, and School Board Policy to demonstrate student performance.
- Analyzes and uses student performance data to inform instruction.
- Establishes and maintains good rapport and communication with students, school personnel and parents.
- Establishes classroom routines and procedures and implements effective classroom management.
- Implements School Board and school-based policies and procedures in order to uphold school regulations.
- Works closely with guidance/special education personnel/outside resources to assist students with special needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Hold or eligible for State of Delaware teacher certification in the identified content area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject content, curriculum, methodology of effective teaching.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs.
- Skilled in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.
The Appoquinimink School District does not discriminate or retaliate in the hiring, training, assignment, promotion/transfer of employees on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, domicile, marital status, handicap, or any other characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.