Under the general supervision of an administrator, a classroom teacher will implement school board policy regarding the educational curriculum of a particular instructional division and/or instructional unit. The teacher may teach one or more subjects.
- Demonstrates mastery of content and pedagogy, knowledge of students and resources.
- Sets instructional outcomes for diverse learners.
- Designs coherent instruction and student assessments aligned with Common Core State Standards.
- Creates an environment of respect and rapport.
- Organizes physical space to create a safe, accessible, and resource-rich environment
- Manages classroom procedures and student behavior.
- Establishes a culture for learning.
- Demonstrates cultural competency.
- Any combination of education and experience in teaching would provide the required knowledge and skills are qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills would be: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with student teaching experience.
- Three (3) years of verified contracted teaching experience with a Bachelor's Degree and the ability to obtain a valid teaching license in Nevada.
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, and/or discrimination based on an individual's actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veterans or military status, marital status, disability or the presence of any sensory, physical or mental handicap in any of its educational programs/activities and employment, or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.