The Classroom Teacher will motivate, assist and guide the learning of students, including their prescribed instruction, discipline, safety and health while under the supervision of the school. The Classroom Teacher will also lead each student toward the fulfillment of his / her potential for intellectual, physical, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation by providing appropriate instruction to each student. The Classroom Teacher reports to the school principal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identifies the needs of individual students by continuous assessment of their abilities.
- Uses identified student needs to plan instruction.
- Writes instructional plans.
- Uses a variety of appropriate methods and materials to implement instructional plans.
- Manages the classroom to create the optimum learning conditions.
- Makes appropriate application of learning theory to meet the needs of students.
- Evaluates and reports student progress.
- Assists with the planning and conduction of parent conferences.
- Completion of course work satisfying the requirement for issuance of a valid Oregon Teaching License with appropriate endorsement in the designated assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach students to be successful learners though student teaching, internship or temporary/regular teaching experience.
- Hold or be eligible to qualify for an Oregon Teaching License.