To develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each pupil to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of pupils in physical achievement; and to develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports in accordance with each pupil’s ability.
- Must hold or be eligible to hold a North Carolina teaching license in appropriate licensure area.
- Must be Highly Qualified.
- Preferred Certified Teacher.
- Must Coach (2) sports and preferred bus license.
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Work cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyze, demonstrate, and explain basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provide individualized and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil to the extent feasible.
- Teach physical education classes for handicapped pupils as necessary.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils.
- Maintain control of storage and use of school-owned property.