American Paradigm Schools is a non-profit, education management organization that supports and serves four charter schools in North and Northeast Philadelphia. The mission of American Paradigm Schools is to develop, manage, and support diverse school communities, who are grounded in literacy to produce academic excellence and expand opportunities for all students. Our vision is world class schools in diverse communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and Implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Plans and leads lessons that are based in physical fitness, rhythm and dance, individual and team sports.
- Incorporates values of cooperation, teamwork, and sportsmanship in the gym classroom.
- Exhibit strong classroom management with a focus on student ownership, teamwork, and positive classroom environment.
- Measures growth and progress towards state standards.
- Provides ample opportunities for regular physical activity and movement.
- Encourages and focuses on growth.
- Promotes a physically active lifestyle.
- Valid Teaching Certification in an applicable content area.
- 1-2 years of teaching experience in an urban classroom setting preferred.
- The ability to obtain requisite clearances, including: PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal and FBI Criminal.