- Eligibility for MSDE teacher certification in appropriate field.
- Meets highly qualified teacher status.
- Understanding of the goals of Washington County Public Schools and a commitment to their achievement.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills with students, staff, and parents.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning/assessment process.
- Knowledge of materials in field of specialization.
- Knowledge and use of technology for instruction.
- Excellent oral and written communications and human relations skills.
- Knowledge of current research and its application in field of specialization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students, with high expectations for all students.
- Provide for instructional needs and interests of students with the aid of appropriate and effective daily lesson planning.
- Supervise students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and where classroom time is utilized effectively.
- Demonstrate the use of a variety of teaching techniques and the use of a variety of instructional resources and materials to implement the essential Curriculum.
- Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Demonstrate fair, firm, and consistent behavior towards students and promote self-discipline among students.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and positive interpersonal relations with students, parents, staff, and community.